Thread Veins Treatments
Proven thread vein removal by leading skin experts
- Effective thread vein removal using a combination of laser, IPL and sclerotherapy
- Our specialists have access to advanced technology and techniques for efficient results
- Thorough assessment and onward referral to specialist Consultant Vascular Surgeon if required
What are Thread Veins?
Thread veins are small, visible veins that often occur on the face or legs. They are typically caused by overexposure to sunlight, although they can also be caused by medication, or by other conditions that affect the skin such as rosacea. Also known as spider veins or telangiectasia, thread veins are almost always harmless, but like any other condition with visible symptoms, they can lead to being a cause for concern and self-consciousness.
Thread Veins Treatments
Treating Thread Veins
We understand that thread veins can be a source of worry for some patients. Fortunately, our Consultant Dermatologists can recommend reliable and effective treatments that are proven to have long-lasting results.
What to expect for your thread veins consultation
- Our specialist will examine your thread veins and take your medical history, which will help to determine the likely cause.
- The treatment most likely to produce optimal results will be recommended to you.
- You will be advised of costs and have the opportunity to ask questions throughout your assessment.
Recommended thread veins treatments
Depending on the location and nature of your thread veins, our specialist is likely to recommend one of two proven treatments. In some cases, your specialist may recommend a combination of both.
Laser and/or Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatment
Laser and IPL treatment (short, intense burst of light) are directed onto the skin. The light heats up the blood in the thread veins, leading the veins to close and causing the veins to fade away over time.
Typically recommended for thread veins that appear on the legs, microsclerotherapy involves a chemical substance called a sclerosant which is injected into the affected veins. The substance causes the veins to close and, eventually, disappear.
Available Thread Veins Treatments Treatments
Why use the Devonshire Clinic?
You may have the perception that little can be done about thread veins and that you simply need to cover them up with makeup or clothing. You can be assured that thread veins can be treated and removed effectively by an appropriately qualified specialist.
As one of London’s leading private dermatology clinics, our specialists have decades of experience in medical dermatology and cosmetic skin procedures. We can remove your thread veins safely and painlessly and with long-lasting results. If you wish to have your thread veins removed, contact us and book a consultation with one of our specialists today.