We fully appreciate that many of you are concerned about the current Covid-19 pandemic and its impact on you and your families. We are also very aware that our patients will still require expert advice and treatment for their skin conditions during this challenging time and we are therefore doing all that we can to facilitate this.
Whilst we will continue to treat patients, we have revised our processes in accordance with the strict social distancing guidelines issued by the Government and the British Association of Dermatologists Avoid, Restrict and Abbreviate Guidelines (24/03/2020).
On this basis, we have introduced video consultations for all non-essential care at The Devonshire Clinic. We will continue to provide face to face consultations and treatments where the need is considered to be ‘clinically essential’.
What is ‘clinically essential care’?
‘Clinically essential care’ is defined as immediate, life-saving treatment, or where patients whose prognosis or quality of life would change significantly if they waited for more than two to three months to be treated (including those on a cancer pathway, or with painful or bleeding benign lesions). Your Consultant will advise you if your care is essential.
How do I arrange a video or virtual consultation?
If you require an appointment with one of our Consultant Dermatologists, please call us on 020 7034 8057 or email [email protected] and we will arrange a virtual consultation.
What if I require ‘essential treatment’?
If you believe you require essential treatment and need to be seen by one of our Consultants face to face, please contact us. Our Medical Director will review each case individually.
If your treatment is categorised as non-essential, we will contact you once the situation allows us to offer these appointments again.
Safety & Hygiene measures
At The Devonshire Clinic we maintain the highest standards of hygiene and infection control and have taken additional steps to reduce risk:
- Staff who are feeling unwell or showing symptoms will not come to work. All staff members are screened before they enter the building each day.
- On arrival at the clinic, all patients will be asked screening questions, asked to use antiseptic handwash and undergo a temperature check.
- Patients who feel unwell or are displaying symptoms are advised not to attend their appointment, to consider self-isolation and visit NHS online if they need advice https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning door handles and other shared surfaces.
- The centre is deep cleaned on a regular basis.
- We aim to limit each waiting area to one person to minimise contact as much as possible.
- Patients who require a repeat prescriptions or skincare products can contact by email or phone and we will arrange delivery.
- If you have any concerns or questions on these new measures, please call us on 0207 0348057 or email [email protected]
We are very grateful to you for your understanding during this challenging time.
Very best wishes,
The Devonshire Clinic
I can’t recommend this clinic highly enough. The treatment I received for my skin cancer was first classAL, London
The team at the Devonshire Clinic were excellent. From booking my appointments to every part of my treatment, I felt that I was in the very best hands.CH, London
Before visiting the clinic I had quite high expectations, but I was blown away by just how brilliant the experience was. I felt like I was the only patient in the clinic. Simply the best medical treatment.SF, London
It is with great pleasure that we would like to share with you our latest contribution to [...]Read More