Skin Lump Treatment
Private treatment for skin irregularities from experienced dermatologists
- We are leading skin experts with experience in diagnosing and treating of all types of skin disorders
- Thorough examinations and specialist analysis
- Effective treatments and reliable removal procedures using the latest techniques
What Are Skin Lumps?
Throughout our life, a number of lumps and bumps can appear on our skin. Thankfully, the vast majority of these are not serious. Examples of harmless skin growths include skin tags, lipomas, cysts and benign moles. Sometimes, these may catch on clothing, itch, feel uncomfortable or just look unsightly. If this happens, it is possible to have these growths removed by a simple procedure usually performed under local anaesthetic.
Skin Lump Treatment
Treating Skin Lumps
Whether cosmetic or medical, we can provide effective removal of skin lumps and lesions at our private clinic in London.
What to expect at your skin lump consultation
All initial consultations are held at our private clinic and include a thorough assessment and analysis of the affected area. We then recommend based on your skin type and the nature of the presenting lumps or lesions.
- Your consultation will typically begin with an examination of the affected area. Your specialist will usually want to see whether the lump should be investigated for a more serious condition.
- If removal is recommended, your specialist will explain the options available and all associated costs.
Recommended Skin Lump Treatments
A number of techniques can be used to remove a skin lump or lesion.
Also known as tangential excision. Lesions that sit above the skin are shaved level with the skin surface.
A circular blade is used to remove a cylinder shaped section of the skin. This can be used to remove all of the problem area or to take a sample for analysis.
A curved blade is used to remove lesions which penetrate the skin.
An elliptical section of skin around the lesion is cut out using a scalpel. This technique helps the skin to heal more easily.
Cryotherapy can be used for non-cancerous lumps on the skin. They can be quickly and easily applied typically via a spray gun.
Available Skin Lump Treatment Treatments
Why use the Devonshire Clinic?
Skin lumps and bumps are usually harmless, but they may be a source of discomfort or embarrassment. Whichever type of lump you have, our experts can provide the best possible course of treatment or recommend the most effective removal procedure. Contact us today if you would like to book a consultation with one of our specialists.